- This event has passed.
America’s Boating Club Louisville (Louisville Sail and Power Squadron) LOCK THRU MCALPINE
October 9 @ 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
LOCK THRU MCALPINE
FIRST TIMERS LEARN THE ROPES — OLD PROS GIVE UP SOME WISDOM
SUNDAY OCTOBER 9 10:30 MEET AT Louisville Waterfront Park Public Dock
COVID-19 health and safety requirements:
- Lines half the length of your boat
- Sharp knife (used to quickly cut the line in case the floating bollards get stuck)
- At least 2 of the biggest fenders you have (6” diameter fender is not big) Trash-bags to protect your fenders from slimy lock walls
- VHF Radio (Fixed mount or hand-held) & Boathook
- Comfortable PFD’s for all aboard & Deck shoes (bare feet are too slippery to be safe when moving about quickly on deck surfaces)
RSVP to Kim Fisher 502-544-1185.
We will depart the City Docks following a mandatory Safety Briefing @ 10:45. We will lock through as a group. Exit the locks and do a leisurely cruise along the New Albany shore while debriefing. Turn around and lock back through upriver. Exit the locks and return to your marinas as experienced Lockers.