|X||Janine McIntosh, President||X||Jackie Bearden, Treasurer||X||Mike Isaac, Vice President||X||Lea Ann Rice, Secretary|
|X||Laura Lucas, Social Chairman||X||Rich Ammon, Historian||X||Kristen Gimbel, Communications||X||Matt Coleman, (Matt Gimbel) Safety|
|Ken McMillan, Sergeant of Arms||X||Greg Platt, Sergeant of Arms||X||Denise Bohn, Charity||X||Terri Kirchner, Charity|
- Meeting started at 7:30 pm
- Minutes accepted
- 1st Motion – Dave Metry
- 2nd Motion Donnie Rogers
- 1st Motion – Rich
- 2nd Motion – Kristy
- Poker Run
- Thank you everyone for helping at Poker Run, when Laura was injured
- T-shirts – received couple comments people didn’t like them. Got to crunch time and had to take what we got.
- Comments on payout, we should do more.
- Maybe consider doing same price for everyone next year?
- Laura wants to review some improvements with the board
- Dingy Run
- Cunningham’s wants us back for breakfast
- Check website for Dingy Run information. It will be Aug 26
- We have the Louisville Boat club for the Christmas party – 1st Sat in December
- Poker Run
- When you are cruisin on the river at night, how do you tell a barge? By the strobe light in the middle.
- This was mandated from KofC pushing for a ruling back in the 1960s, wrote letter to Congress and got it approved
- Would like to get something done for more lights on the barge – outboard nav lights for barge to make more visible
- Matt will draft letter to send to Congress– motion Mike –
- Will do a petition at next meeting
- Will sendout to all Facebook boater pages
- Poker Run and Corn Roast, Rich uploaded pictures to his personal page and will have them uploaded to HCBOA. Look for richammon on Facebook
- Working on Dingy run logo and next year’s poker run. They want parrot with drink in hand.
- Old Business
- Rescued a 17 year old girl from river at poker run. Rescued half way across river, said her guardian was abusing her, boaters just saw her hand bobing and went to save her.
- New Business
- Next Meeting at Limestone on 9/11
- Sandy – Trying to plan HCBOA trip, trying to keep trip to 3500-4000 for 2 with air and food, looking at prices now-Punta Cana, Maya Rivera and other places. Will be in Feb, need passport with expiration date 6 months past date of travel
- Good and Welfare
- No donation last month
- Thank Mike L for keeping grass cut on 12 mile island. Asking for $1000 to donate to care for 12 mile. Approved
- Also donated gas grill to river patrol. They were absolutely delighted.
- Shirley Way’s donating $500
- Janine thanked everyone for helping at Poker Run.
- Split the pot: Sold – $226 total , Winner-Gary – $113
- Meeting adjourned at 8:08 pm
- 1st motion –
- 2nd motion –